Exporting Expenses to an Accounting System
The accounting export feature generates a file of accounting information that can be integrated into your company’s accounting system, from which the actual payments are made based on this accounting data.
The export file can contain information on employees’ approved expense claims and cash advance requests, as well as validated or disputed invoices associated with mission orders.
Expense, cash advance and invoice data to be exported must first be grouped together in a batch. Once the batch is complete, it must be closed ready for export.
You can export accounting data:
The export feature requires the user performing the export to have Export Manager rights. Contact your system administrator or Support if you need to arrange this.
Lifecycle of a Batch
A batch can be in one of the following states:
- Created: it is possible to add items to the batch.
- Closed: the batch is waiting for export (it is not possible to add items to the batch).
- Exported: an export of the batch was created and made available according to the parameter settings.
- Rejected: the export could not be performed owing to an error in the parameter settings - the status is similar to ''Created''.
A number of administration settings need to be made to enable a successful accounting export. Contact your system administrator or Support if you need to arrange this.
The minimum requirements for accounting export are the following, which are defined in the Administration tool:
- Outbound interface: the resource that defines the directory to which accounting data is to be exported, and the export frequency.
- Employee Account Mapping Rule Set: defines the General Ledger codes to be used for budgetary allocations relating to employees. These codes are based on the trip purpose.
- GL Charge Account Mapping Rule Set: defines the General Ledger codes to be used for budget allocations relating to a company's charge account. These codes are based on the expense type, expense location and trip purpose.
- GL Company Account Mapping Rule Set: defines the General Ledger codes to be used for budget allocations relating to a company. These codes are based on the object type (e.g., expense report or cash advance request) and the trip purpose.
If the company allows input of VAT via a VAT Rates content, you also need:
- VAT GL Mapping Rule Set: defines the General Ledger codes to be used for the recovery of VAT. These codes are based on the VAT rates and the trip purpose.
You can export the accounting data in one of these formats:
The output format is configured in the Outbound Interfaces section of the Administration tool.
You can customize the contents of your company’s accounting export by applying an XSL transform filter. The XSL file path is defined in the Outbound Interfaces section of the Administration tool.
In the absence of an XSL transformation file, the default export settings are applied.